Organic Food & Agriculture
Aqua Food rests on Aquaponics; a system of aquaculture in which the waste produced by farmed fish or other aquatic creatures supplies the nutrients for planted produces, which, in turn, purifies water. It provides an innovative alternative to traditional farming and agriculture saving 90% of the water used in both traditional systems. Products resulting from this smart system are completely healthy and free of pesticides or chemicals and fish are free of heavy minerals. This promising startup aspires to reduce the waste of fresh water in Egypt and save lakes from drying out.
- Provides a healthy and organic source of food.
- Creates blue jobs in the aquaponics sector.
- Reduces the use of harmful pesticides and chemicals.
- Improves water quality by reducing the amount of pollution resulting from agriculture.
- Saves water.
- Reduces the need for fertilizers and pesticides; hence less pollutants.
- Improves air quality by reducing emissions resulting from traditional agriculture.
- Promotes sustainable development by providing a more efficient way to produce food.